Wednesday, December 9, 2009

" 17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! 19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights." Habakkuk 3:17-19 NLT


Oh, the irony. Times are hard, no secret there. The economy is failing (no matter what the MEDIA would like we Americans to believe). People kill themselves and their entire families over money troubles. It's insane. It's the American dream to live here, to deal with this though...right?


"Even though..." We must remember that we are in no place to complain! EVERYTHING is God's-we are the ones who take all that we are given and twist it, demoralize it, ruin it. Not God. And no, it doesn't seem fair...but we need to ask ourselves constantly-is it God being "unfair" to us in these situations? Or are we cheating God and ourselves out of an abundant life by doing our own thing day in and day out? As if WE know BETTER than GOD?!? Think about it...


"...yet I will rejoice in the Lord..." He is always here. Always. I pray that these thoughts never escape my mind as I take my new job. It pays considerably less, but will allow me more time to be a better wife and be involved in more activities with my church family. Most importantly I will be working where I can make a difference in a child's life every single day. It will be hard, but together, and with God as our focus, we will be okay.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment